REHABILITATION SERVICES - MEET OUR STAFF
KEENA MILLER, RN, BSN, MA
DIRECTOR OF WELLNESS, OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION SERVICES
Keena is an alumna of Western Kentucky University, the University of Florida and Murray State University. She has been with Murray Calloway County Hospital since 2000 when she was recruited to open the Center for Health and Wellness. Since then she has assumed responsibility for the hospital’s health promotions program (Wellness Works), the Occupational Medicine Clinic, Rehabilitation Services and Cardiopulmonary Rehab.
Keena is the Co-Chair of the Murray Calloway County Wellness Consortium. She has served on several local non-profit boards including the Calloway County American Red Cross, The Calloway County Agency for Substance Abuse Program and the Murray Calloway United Way Board. She currently represents MCCH on the Purchase Area Health Connections board and is a member of the Murray State University Exercise Science Advisory Committee.
MEET OUR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY DEPARTMENT
Occupational Therapy, often called OT, is the use of treatments to develop, recover, or maintain the daily living and work skills of people with a physical, mental or developmental condition.
- Education: Masters degree in Occupational Therapy from the University of North Dakota.
- Experience: Acute, Inpatient Rehab Faclity and Outpatient Rehab
- Certifications / Specialties: Deep Pysical Agents Modality Certified (February 2014) and pursuing National Hand Therapy certification.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Psychology, University
of the Cumberlands. Masters in Occupational Therapy,
Saint Louis University.
- Experience: Inpatient / Outpatient Neurorehabilitation (stroke and traumatic brain injury), Pediatric Therapy
- Education: BS in Psychology University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA. Post- Graduate Certification in Occupational Therapy, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Experience: 37 years in various settings including: Acute Care, Inpatient Rehab, Outpatient, School System, Home Health, Mental Health, Skilled Nursing Facility, Work Hardening, Swing Bed Unit, Occupational Therapy Department Director (5 years), Rehab Director (17 Years)
- Certifications: National Board of Certification for Occupational Therapist, American Occupational Therapy Association, Kentucky Occupational Therapy License
- Education: Masters in Occupational Therapy from Saint Louis University
- Experience: Inpatient Rehab Facility, Acute Care, Kinesiotaping, First Steps Pediatrics, Outpatient Rehab, Traumatic Brain Injury Rehab
- Certifications / Specialties: LSVT / BIG for Parkinson’s Disease, Saebo hand system, Bioness H200
- Education: Graduated from Madisonville in 2015 with a
degree in Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Experience: Acute Care, Outpatient, Short and Long Term
Meet Our Physical Therapists
Physical Therapy, often called PT, is a health care profession primarily concerned with the remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention.
- Education: University of Central Arkansas
- Experience: MCCH Acure Care, LTC, Outpatient
- Certifications / Specialties: Certified in Manual Lymph Drainage and Complete Decongestive Therapy
- Education: Bachelor of Science from Free-Hardeman University (2011), Associate degree from Daymar Institute (2014)
- Experience: Outpatient, Long Term Care, Acute Care
- Certifications / Specialties: Certified Clinical Instructor
- Education: University of Kentucky Bachelor of Health Sciences / Physical Therapy (1980). Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine for
Health Sciences (2015).
- Experience: Acute Care, Home Health Long Term Care, Outpatient
- Certifications / Specialties: Functional Capacity Evaluation and Manufacturing Ergonomics for Healthcare through WorkWell Systems. Stroke rehab, physical therapy in the CCU, wound care, balance and vestibular disorders, geriatrics, orthopedic rehab (shoulder spine and general).
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Sports Medicine at Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA in 2002; Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Elon University at Elon, NC in 2005.
- Experience: Traveler, 4 years MCCH Outpatient since 2010.
- Certifications / Specialties: LSVT / BIG for Parkinson’s Disease
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science from MSU in 2003 and Doctorate of Physical Therapy at Elon University in Elon, NC in 2007.
- Experience: 3 years in Wisconsin and at MCCH Acute Care since 2010.
- Certifications / Specialties: LSVT / BIG for Parkinson’s Disease. Specialty interest in back pain, pediatric and scoliosis treatment and trained in WorkWell Systems, Inc.
- Education: Doctorate of PT from the University of Cincinnati, 2017.
- Experience: Acute Care and Short / Long Term Rehab
- Certifications / Specialties: Training in brain injury
MEET OUR PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANTS
Physical Therapy Assistants work under the supervision of a physical therapist and assist in carrying out patient treatment programs, providing treatment that improves mobility, relieves pain and prevents or lessens physical disabilities of patients.
- Education: Associates Degree from Michiana College in South Bend, IN in 1997.
- Experience: Outpatient, Acute Rehab, Home Health and Long Term Care at Spring Creek Health Care.
- Education: Associates Degree in Applied Science from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in 2004.
- Experience: Acute and Outpatient
- Education: Associates Degree in Applied Science from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in 1999.
- Experience: Rehab Tech in Long Term Care as a PTA IRF, Home Care and Long Term Care
- Certifications / Specialties: W/C positioning and preventing falls in the geriatric population.
- Education: Associates Degree in Applied Science from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in 2007.
- Experience: Acute and Inpatient Rehab Facility
- Education: Associates Degree in Applied Science from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in 1994.
- Experience: MCCH Acute, LTC, Home Care and Outpatient
- Education: Associates Degree in Applied Science from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in 2006.
- Experience: Outpatient Rehab
- Education: Associates in Applied Science from Paducah Community College in 1992.
- Experience: Acute Care, Inpatient Rehab Facility, Wound Care, Home Health, Long Term
- Certifications / Specialties: Certified Clinical Instructor
MEET OUR SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS
Speech Language Pathologists specialize in the evaluation and treatment of communication disorders and swallowing disorders.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Communications Disorders from Murray State University in 2007 and Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from Murray State University in 2009.
- Experience: Long-term care, Inpatient Rehab, Modified Barium Swallow Studies
- Certifications / Specialties: VitalStim Therapy Provider, Music and Memory Therapy Application
- Education: Bachelor degree in Communications Disorders in 1995 and Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from Murray State University in 1997.
- Experience: Long Term Care, early intervention, home health, outpatient and inpatient acute rehab.
- Certifications / Specialties: Music and Memory Therapy Application, Member of the ASHA Special Interest Group in Gerontology.
- Education: Master’s Degree (2008) and Bachelor of Science degree (2006) from Murray State University
- Experience: Long Term Care, Acute Care, Inpatient Rehab Facility
- Certifications / Specialties: VitalStim Therapy Provider