MCCH Wellness Works is the community health and wellness program that encompasses all activities designed to help communities achieve maximal potential in health and wellness. MCCH Wellness Works focuses on activities which facilitate Awareness, Action, and Prevention.
To enhance the health of our community by providing quality resources and services that promote awareness of health risks, and encourage actions that reduce risk behaviors, in order to prevent chronic disease and / or it’s irreversible damage.
Know your numbers and personal health risks.
• Screenings: provided by Wellness Works
• Health Education- classroom and on-line
• Health Risk Assessment and other health assessments
Take the actions necessary to enhance well-being
Encourage healthy behaviors including: healthy eating, physical activity, stress management, tobacco free, and medical follow-ups for abnormal screenings.
- Campaigns – take part in our many campaigns such as Blood Pressure Awareness, etc..
- Keep up with annual exams and follow-ups if you have been diagnosed with Coronary Artery disease, Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Hypertension and Asthma
- Utilize the Center for Health and Wellness to maintain an active lifestyle
Continue a healthy lifestyle
- Continue healthy behaviors and regular screenings to reduce risk of disease, manage disease symptoms and enhance your ability to recover from illness
- Take control to prevent chronic disease and/or minimize irreversible damage to your body
Wellness Works has a monthly schedule of free health screenings held at local businesses, senior centers and other public locations. In addition, employers and other community/civic groups may request specific screenings at their locations. The Wellness Works staff also works with corporate and community groups to coordinate health fairs and large-scale screening events.
All screenings are designed for the early detection of disease before symptoms are present. Participants are encouraged to share screening results with their personal health care provider to discuss health risks and determine follow-up needs.
Available screenings include:
• Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
• Blood Sugar (Diabetes)
• Blood Lipids (Triglycerides, HDL, LDL and total cholesterol)
• Heel Scan (Osteoporosis)
• Pulmonary function (Lung Disease)
• Height, Weight and Body Mass Index (Obesity)
Free monthly educational sessions are available at the Center for Health and Wellness. In addition, educational sessions may be scheduled by groups for meetings, wellness programs and special events. Wellness Works coordinates with local physicians, dietitians, and professional organizations to provide expert speakers and research-based information.
For information on how to access these services or to locate a health screening near you, contact 270.762.1348.
For more information about MCCH Wellness Works opportunities, contact:
Kelsey Whalen , Wellness Works Coordinator